Wednesday 28 December 2016

Book: The Power of Positive Thinking, Norman Vincent Peale



I've seen this book on my Mom's bookshelf since I can remember. This year I decided it was time to read it. Initially, when I started reading it, I was a bit concerned that it was going to ram religion down my throat; the author does say right up front that everything is based on Christian values. I have absolutely nothing against religious books; in fact I think many problems exist because people don't have / live according to higher being guidelines anymore. My problem with religious books is when you feel preached at. Mr Peale's writing does not come across as being 'high and mighty'; he shares good stories and examples. It may not be everyone's cup of tea; being more positive, thankful and tapped into higher powers can only be beneficial. It was good to get reminder about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment